Property Search

Whether you have a property to rent out or are searching for a home you need an agent that you can trust and rely on when issues arise. The quality of the agent makes a real difference.


If you are a landlord, you need professional service and the confidence that your agent will manage your investment in your best interests. As a tenant, you need the reassurance that maintenance issues will be dealt with promptly and your tenancy will run smoothly.

Abbey Rentals is a member of Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA Propertymark Protected), National Association of Estate Agents (NAEA) and The Property Ombudsman Lettings (TPO)

Every year, unlicensed agents cost Britain’s tenants and landlords thousands of pounds because they don’t have protective measures in place to guarantee your money.

By using a licensed ARLA agent you are guaranteed:

  • To be consulting with qualified and trained agents who can give you professional up to date advice and guidance
  • That your money is protected by a Client Money Protection Scheme
  • That you are dealing with an agent who follows a Code of Practice and Rules of Conduct laid down by their professional body
  • That your agent has Professional Indemnity Insurance
  • That you have a route to redress should something go wrong


The Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA) is committed to providing the highest standards of letting and management services through its licensed agents.

ARLA has set up its licensing scheme to provide landlords and tenants with:

  • Best practice in the letting and management profession
  • Consumer protection
  • High quality services from reliable, responsible professional agents

ARLA believes that all letting and property management agent should belong to a licensing scheme-so that consumers know that not only are they getting the highest quality service possible, but also so that that any unscrupulous, unethical and unprofessional agents are stopped from practising in the letting industry. There is currently NO mandatory regulation of letting and property management agents in the UK.

How am I better protected with a licensed agent?

A licensed ARLA agent is qualified and is required to keep up to date with the latest developments in the market and with the changing legislation affecting letting and property management. Without this knowledge and expertise, whether you’re a tenant or a landlord you may be badly advised or misled-or you may even suffer financial loss as a result.


The National Association of Estate Agents (NAEA) is the UK's leading professional body for estate agency. Its 10,000 members both in the UK and overseas are bound by strict rules of conduct to ensure they offer you the highest level of integrity and service, while the Association's entry qualification means you can be sure you are dealing with an expert. By choosing an NAEA member you can feel secure in the knowledge that you and your property are in safe hands


The Property Ombudsman (TPO) scheme provides a free, fair and independent service for dealing with unresolved disputes between registered agents and tenants or landlords of property in the UK. A Consumer Guide is available on request.


The Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS) is run by The Dispute Service Ltd. It is an insurance backed tenancy deposit protection scheme authorized by the government. A leaflet explaining how the scheme works is available on

Property Portals