Your property is probably one of the most valuable assets you own and when choosing a letting agent you need to be confident that they have the skills and commitment to do a good job.
We purposely restrict the area we cover to ensure that we can offer a first-class service to our landlords and act promptly to sort out maintenance and tenant issues.
We use fully insured local tradesmen to carry out the work wherever possible and the price on their invoice is the price you pay; we do not add any additional fee, which is unusual in this market.
There are many Agents in the area offering the same service so why choose us?
We have the training, expertise and support of our professional body to ensure that you receive the best and most up to date advice about lettings.
There are many unregulated agents operating in the area and on-line, whose fees may appear cheaper; but are they offering the same service? Can you be confident that they are keeping up with new legislation? Penalties for Landlords who aren’t compliant can be severe.
There are many stages to letting a property:
- Finding the right tenant
- Referencing the tenant to ensure they have the means to pay the rent and that they have no adverse credit history
- Carrying out ID checks
- Carrying out right to rent checks
- Drawing up an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement
- Drawing a guarantor deed where required and any other addendums as requested by either Landlord or tenant
- Arranging an inventory at the start of the tenancy
- Collecting rent
- Taking a deposit
- Registering the deposit with an approved scheme & issuing deposit certificate
- Ensuring the property is ready for the new tenants; checking that everything is working, that the property is clean and that all the compliant documents and procedures are in place.
- Checking the tenants in at the start of the tenancy
- Notifying the utility companies and local authorities of the change of occupant.
There is still much to do once a tenancy has been set up:
- Checking that the rent is being paid on time
- Carrying out regular visits during the tenancy – major repairs can be avoided if maintenance issues are identified early
- Dealing with maintenance issues as they arise.
- Arranging access with tenants for maintenance work
- Making sure that the gas & electric safety checks are up to date
- Arranging an exit inventory at the end of the tenancy
- Negotiating with the tenant deductions from the deposit
- Arranging remedial work to rectify any breaches of the tenancy agreement
We can do all of this for you and take the stress and strain out of renting out your property, or we can just do part of it.
For a full list of the services we offer and our fees please click here.
Renting is not as straight forward as it used to be – make sure you talk to a professional to avoid making expensive mistakes!For advice and a free valuation please call Abbey Rentals 01865 883108 to book an appointment or click here
Abbey Rentals has provided Ila Estates Ltd with suitable tenants for its 5 residential properties in the Witney, Abingdon areas for the last 13 years. Their friendly, efficient approach, keeping us informed, has ensured we have had minimal void periods or any problems. Our Tenants have also spoken very highly of the Abbey staff. We wish Abbey continued success for the future.
What does one want from a letting agent? Knowledge of the local market based on real evidence; and the legal framework, responsibilities and contractual pitfalls, Professionalism, unshakeable honesty for both landlord, and tenant; Reliability and delivering promises; Customer service; and Solving problems. Abbey Rental has these attributes aplenty. The business works as a team. Always helpful. Nothing is too much trouble. They have tried and tested contacts with the local trades and can resolve emergencies quickly.
We are members of the Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA Propertymark), The Property Ombudsmen (TPO) & the Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS) and we are bound by their codes of conduct to ensure that we maintain the high standards set by them and that all funds held are protected by the Client Money Protection scheme
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Abbey Rentals is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office who set out regulations to ensure the safeguarding of personal data that we hold. We do not sell on personal data to any third party.